Skin hydration in summer
When the summer heat arrives you need to pay even more attention than usual to your body and skin hydration. First of all, it is important to drink a lot: at least 2 liters of water a day in autumn, winter and spring. In summer, then, we need to increase the quantity because our body needs to replenish the liquids lost through sweating. However, you should not only drink enough, but also eat the right way, consuming specific types of food.
What are the so-called “Hydrating foods”?
These are foods that are high in water content and nutrients. There is therefore ample scope for foods rich in omega 3 and omega 6, such as olive oil, almonds, walnuts and fish, which strengthen cell membranes and improve the appearance of our skin. Fruits and vegetables are a separate matter thanks to the high presence of vitamins, mineral salts and water.
The ranking of the most water-rich vegetables is:
- Cucumbers, with 96, 7% water content. Cucumbers can also be added to a low-fat yogurt or used to prepare a refreshing salad;
- Celery, with 95.4% water content. In addition to being low in calories, celery is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K and folic acid;
- Tomatoes, with 94.5% water content. Excellent in salads, seasoned with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Moving on to fruit, we must mention:
- Watermelons, with 91.5% water content , highly cooling and refreshing;
- Strawberries, with 91% water content. Good at the end of a meal, as a snack or as an ingredient for sorbets, smoothies and ice cream.
- Melons, with 90.2% water content. Melon is low in calories and rich in vitamins A and C. Eat a slice for breakfast, as a snack or, take a break enjoying the fresh and light flavor of a RivaReno melon ice cream.
The benefits of fruit for the skin
We reiterate this again: eating fruit is essential for our mental and physical well-being. To fully enjoy all the benefits fruits, 4-5 servings per day should be consumed. Thanks to the high content of mineral salts, fibers, vitamins, antioxidants, potassium and folic acid, fruit is the best ally for our skin, as:
- It brightens the skin;
- It facilitates healing processes;
- It stimulates the production of collagen, keeping the epidermis young;
- It keeps the skin firm.
With RivaReno fruit ice creams you can taste the goodness of a 100% natural product, as well as looking after your looks!